Friday, April 4, 2014

Boat Cave Grave: Learning Curve

After working with the concept and blocking out a starting scene for this environment, I've learned a few things going forward to put in with my next project. I need to be quicker in blocking out. I've already put in to much detail with the boats and especially with the mountain. I need to pull away from individual detail and focus on the area as a whole first. With at least 10-11 hours on this, I don't feel I've gotten that far. The good news is that I feel I found a better idea with the ending area, I know what parts of the ships I need to model and to ignore the rest, and after working out a general idea, I understand how I want this to flow.

Next part is to model out the ships in a bit more detail and then adjust the cavern walls, angle, and size. After they're done, work on figuring out how I can build the city in a modular fashion. Looking at pictures of Mesa Verde, my new inspiration, it should be easy to cut it down into a bunch of simple shapes.


Then, depending on how long I've worked on everything, figure out what needs the most work, and refine. What I want to have above all else is to have every area crafted in such a way that'll pull the player through it by interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment